I haven't talked about makeup brushes I ages! I think my last post where I mentioned makeup brushes was when I ordered some cheap ones from amazon, totally worth looking into getting by the way more details here. Anyhow back onto these.. I was kindly gifted these as a birthday present from a friend back in May and i'm in love!
The are gorgeously designed with a grey metallic handle with an added gold touch. A great thing is that they come in a plain simple ivory/cream makeup brush bag, so great for travelling. I can't find this exact set online but Beau Belle Make Up Brushes 18 pc is very similar designed I think it just has a few extra brushes. Also all the brushes are really soft minus the brush on the eyebrow one. I haven't found any to fall apart which is a bonus. Also they didn't have a horrible chemical smell!
So the set includes from left to right:
- A Powder Brush - Now this is soft but it isn't the best for picking up product. It does but not as well as the amazon powder brush or a real technique one.
- An Angled Blush Brush - I personally love using this one for my bronzer as I find that it's the perfect angle to apply bronzer. I love it. Definitely picks up product the powder one.
- A Foundation Brush - I'll be honest I haven't use this one! From feeling it it's nice and like study and looks like it will pick up product well, i'll update this when I have used it.
- Next up are Two Eyeshadow Brushes - These differ from the rest as they don't have the same brush strand colour. Both of these are great for blending out eyeshadow.
- An Angled Shadow Brush - I think this is my most used brush and I love using it to fill and shape my eyebrows. Really good for picking up colour and colour pay off.
- An Small Shadow Brush - I personally wouldn't use it for eye shadow as I find it's too small, but again I like to use it for filling in my brows.
- A Sponge Smudge Brush - I think that is what it is called. I'm not a fan of this it's too hard and I personally wouldn't use it.
- A Fan Brush - Again like the foundation brush I haven't used it. I actually don't really know what you are mean't to use it for, so would love to know in the comments below!
- Two ultra fine lip brush / Eyeliner Brushes - I don't really use these types of brushes unless I have a gel eye liner. Both are really soft and not too hard so wouldn't feel like you are scratching your eye.
- Lastly a Brow Brush - It has your average brow comb but the brush side is a tad rough.
Overall this set is definitely good quality and would make a great gift. What do you think?
see you soon, han xo
ps still on holiday so will be a delay in replying to comments. Any comments received I am really grateful for and can't wait to read them when back