Thursday 12 February 2015

MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pots: Camel Coat, Bare Study & Painterly

MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pots: Camel Coat, Bare Study & Painterly on http://emandhanxo.blogspot.co.uk/

MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pots: Camel Coat, Bare Study & Painterly on http://emandhanxo.blogspot.co.uk/


I got a few of these MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pots awhile back now and have been obsessed with these ever since. I currently own three pots but know that I definitely want to expand my collection in the future basically when I have more pennies. So today I thought I would share with you guys the three shades that I do own which are camel coat, bare study and painterly. 

The paint pots are great base products for eyeshadow or alternatively can be worn on their own when you are in one of them moods not to bother with eye makeup much. They are creamy in application and I apply using my a makeup brush normally but they still give a nice even finish if you apply with your finger too. Once they have been applied they give you eyelid a nice smooth base to add further eyeshadows and help them last longer on the lid.

MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pots in Camel Coat Swatch on http://emandhanxo.blogspot.co.uk/
So moving onto the shades. The first one I own is Camel Coat. This is a lovely muted taupe/beige with a slight grey look to it. I really like to use this shade when i'm doing eye makeup for a night out as it does help hold the eye look for the whole night. Although this shade is also great worn alone on in the day too.

MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pots in bare study Swatch on http://emandhanxo.blogspot.co.uk/
 Next up is bare study which is a gorgeous soft beige cream shade with gold shimmer giving a nice frost finish. I think this pot is a really pretty shade but I don't get as much wear out of it as I would like. When you apply this it does go on quite sheer but it can be built up like seen in the photos. I personally like to use this pot when I want to highlighter my inner corners and under my brow. Not really as an everyday shade though like the others. 

MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pots in painterly Swatch on http://emandhanxo.blogspot.co.uk/
Last up is painterly and this is my current most reached paint pot as you can probably tell from the photo. This shade is nice matte nude which I find has a pinky tone to it on my lids. I have really liked using this on its own recently for everyday wear as I'm really lazy when it comes to doing eye makeup and want to avoid the reddish lid I have naturally. 

Overall all of these provide really good pigmentation and provide a smooth canvas for eyeshadows to go on top just like an eyelid primer. The only disadvantage I would say about these is the cost £15.50 each, which is definitely not budget friendly. Saying that I would definitely recommend if you can afford these. However if you are after a cheaper option I would consider looking out for the maybelline colour tattoos. 

So what do you guys think? Worth the money or know any alternatives?

see you soon, han x
ps: if you wanted to know what else I got using my mac voucher you can find out here

16 comments:

  1. Definitely worth the money!! :)
    Great post!!

    Nikoleta, xoxo.

    http://nljuljduraj.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Painterly is a perfect base :)

    www.emilyroseperrin.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Camel Coat is amazing :) I stay :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've tried these before but they sound really good especially as bases!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I would definitely recommend these if you have some extra money x

      Delete
  5. These shades are super beautiful!! I didn't expect they would be so light on your eye, they look fab! :)

    www.belle-jeunesse.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post! I have Camel Coat and Painterly, they are such pretty colours. I'd really like to try Bare Study too, we have similar taste!

    alice x | beautybyalicee | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I read your post on the ones you own the other day and fell in love with vintage selection x

      Delete
  7. Thanks for following me sweethearts :)
    I love your blog! I just followed you via Bloglovin' and I can't wait to see your future posts!
    I've been wanting to try MAC Paint Pots for a very long time and I think its about time I save and purchase one to try and use! I've heard so many great things!

    Krystal @ Little Beauty Bug | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you, so sweet! I would definitely recommend these! So easy when you can't be bothered to do anything x

      Delete